Monday 9 January 2012

Bakery Attack. (McDonalds Burglary)

This text is a short story Bakery Attack by Haruki Murakami translated from Japanese to English by Jay Rubin.

I chose this text to present in a club I joined last year, Short Story Writing Club. We were to choose a text that was an example of good writing.

I enjoyed the plot of the story and the humor was very evident throughout the entire text. I do question if the humor in the words comes from Murakami or Rubin. What might be funny in Japanese might not be funny in English. But the entire plot, by Murakami, was the funniest part about this joke of a bakery attack.

Murakami kept one metaphor throughout the entire short story; the mans hunger was a volcano erupting under the boat in the sea he was resting in. Well that was my interpretation, though the way in which i have describes it is nothing compared to the actual metaphor. READ IT.

Love, Tilly

No comments:

Post a Comment